We’re Hloov. We’ve made it our mission to create an inclusive work environment where people with diverse perspectives and voices can thrive. We empower our people to explore their passion and create new solutions with cutting-edge technologies and data science that impact lives. Your ideas will matter here and have the chance to work on things that you’re passionate about and take your career up a notch. So, explore your passion, make an impact, and be you at Hloov!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Research intern who wants to help solve some significant problems in the built environment. You will have opportunities to work with different facets of this field, including construction and operations phases while maintaining climate change resilience. Throughout this internship, you will research, analyze, and interpret data, create visualizations, and present your findings. If you are a detail-oriented individual who likes to deep dive into various aspects for a better understanding of a Built environment system, this internship is an excellent opportunity for you.
As a Built Environment Research Intern at Hloov, you will have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop your skills while working on innovative projects in a fast-paced environment. One aspect of this would involve assisting our product team with research around building science and technology. You will also learn about Hloov’s procedures and business processes; we want you to experience what it is like to be an integral part of a small startup.
Up For The Challenge?
Imagine working in an environment with people who share your passion and want to make a difference. If you feel up for the challenge and there is no better time than now to make that dream come true, we are looking for you. So bring your ideas, passion, ambition and be “You” at Hloov. Apply today!
As the Earth continues to face the ruinous challenge of global warming, the Built Environment is responsible for over one-third of global energy consumption and nearly 40% of direct and indirect CO2 emissions. In addition, by 2025, the world population is projected to reach 8 billion and about 10 billion by 2050.To accommodate this growth while minimizing the adverse environmental effects of the built environment, we will need a paradigm shift in how we Design, Build, Operate, and Use the built environment assets like buildings, bridges, and roads, among others. Hloov intends to lead this paradigm shift by reimagining the built environment with data science.
Hloov is a pioneer in human-centric AI for the built environment that empowers people to minimize waste and achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
Driven by our mission to empower others to create a better future for all, our team is passionate, purpose-driven individuals committed to making a difference. We come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and our shared values unite us: Innovation, Inclusion, Integrity, and Impact.
In a world where ‘change is the only constant, our name “Hloov” originates from the Asian language Hmong, which translates to “Change,” and we are all about evolution through revolution and empowering people. We are looking for creative, strategic, and forward-thinking individuals passionate about solving real-world problems that matter most.
You will find yourself collaborating with other like-minded team members on a journey to solve complex design challenges that arise within our industry’s ever-changing landscape.
Learn more: www.hloov.com/about
Role & Responsibilities
The following is a list of essential responsibilities for this position to succeed:
- Research on aspects of sustainability in the built environment to achieve net-zero goals.
- Research on the potential waste of resources in the sector.
- Explore recent technology trends and their impact on the future AEC industry.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute assigned research projects.
- Author high-quality research reports, articles, and presentations.
- Collaboration, problem-solving, and decision-making throughout the project.
Qualifications, & Experience & Skills
- Must have recently completed or currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Architecture, Urban Studies, Civil Engineering, or Related fields with a maximum of two (2) semesters to complete after the internship.
- Must have a research mindset and analytical skills to contribute to qualitative, and quantitative research deliverables.
- Must be able to utilize critical-thinking skills to work independently and make decisions without direct supervision.
- You have an intense intellectual curiosity and passion for solving real-world problems for enterprises and consumers.
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or other graphic design software is a plus.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and establish priorities effectively.
- Must effectively communicate ideas with excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
What You Must Have - Qualities We Look For
- Mission — You are motivated and inspired by our mission to reimagine the built environment and empower others to achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
- Grit — You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at a startup.
- Passionate — You are highly accountable and have a powerful sense of purpose and empathy for your work.
- Entrepreneur — You have the entrepreneurial spirit, an agile work style, and a growth mindset to succeed in this role. You inspire others with your vision and work ethic.
- Team Player — You are a collaborator who knows how to collaborate and brainstorm with people of different skills and backgrounds to drive the required outcomes.
- Self-Starter — You are ambitious, take the initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving — You can identify the nature of a problem, deconstruct it, and develop a compelling set of actions to address its challenges.
- Communication — You can communicate ideas effectively with excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Speak Up! — You speak up when you have ideas or opinions that will help the team succeed.
What We Offer - Benefits And Perks
- Unique opportunity to pursue your passion and make a difference.
- Industry-standard Compensation & Perks
- Flexible Work Location and Timings (In-office, Remote, Hybrid). Go to the gym or pick up your kids from school during business hours.
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with over 50% of the workforce made up of women.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Commitment to your professional development
- Educational Resources & Opportunities
- Maternity and paternity leave
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We recognize the power of diversity and inclusion in creating an environment where everyone brings their best selves to work and contributes meaningfully. Diversity and inclusion are at the nucleus of our values. Hloov is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where people can learn, grow, and reach their potential.
Hloov is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other applicable characteristics protected by law.