Hloov(/hluːv/) is a pioneer in human-centric AI for the built environment that empowers people to minimize waste and achieve goals.
We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled Senior Backend Developer with experience building web platforms, multi-tier application frameworks, microservices, and cloud-native applications. You will join our passionate engineering and data science team to drive the development of Hloov’s next-generation AI platform for the Built Environment. You will be responsible for helping design, build, and deliver an AI platform that empowers the built environment people with decision intelligence to minimize waste and achieve goals.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with distributed systems design and implementation, especially microservices architecture and REST APIs. They will also have a strong background in OOP design patterns and proficiency in C#, .NET CORE, Web API, ASP.Net, and SQL Server.
You must have an exceptional experience with REST-based APIs and popular databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or similar, with solid analytic skills working with unstructured datasets.
Up For the Challenge?
Imagine working in an environment with people who share your passion and want to make a difference. If you feel up for the challenge, and there is no better time than now to make that dream come true, we are looking for you.
Bring your ideas, passion, and ambition, and be “You” at Hloov. Apply today!
As the Earth continues to face the ruinous challenge of global warming, the Built Environment is responsible for over one-third of global energy consumption and nearly 40% of direct and indirect CO2 emissions. In addition, by 2025, the world population is projected to reach 8 billion and about 10 billion by 2050.To accommodate this growth while minimizing the adverse environmental effects of the built environment, we will need a paradigm shift in how we Design, Build, Operate, and Use the built environment assets like buildings, bridges, and roads, among others. Hloov intends to lead this paradigm shift by reimagining the built environment with data science.
Hloov is a pioneer in human-centric AI for the built environment that empowers people to minimize waste and achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
Driven by our mission to empower others to create a better future for all, our team is passionate, purpose-driven individuals committed to making a difference. We come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and our shared values unite us: Innovation, Inclusion, Integrity, and Impact.
In a world where ‘change is the only constant, our name “Hloov” originates from the Asian language Hmong, which translates to “Change,” and we are all about evolution through revolution and empowering people. We are looking for creative, strategic, and forward-thinking individuals passionate about solving real-world problems that matter most.
You will find yourself collaborating with other like-minded team members on a journey to solve complex design challenges that arise within our industry’s ever-changing landscape.
Learn more: www.hloov.com/about
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Backend Developer at Hloov, you will work on our human-centric AI-led living digital twins’ platform, that empowers the Built Environment people with decision intelligence to confidently make complex and critical decisions.
- Be part of a highly energetic cross-functional team in a fast-paced development environment of a growing pioneer startup.
- Own, design, architect, develop and implement elegant, scalable, enterprise-quality, complex cloud-based SAAS products involving microservices, Cloud, and containers.
- Design, implement, analyze, and tune complex algorithms operating on large datasets in collaboration with top scientists and engineers.
- Building Scalable and Secure APIs with modern approaches (microservices, schema-based APIs, cloud-native services).
- Partner closely with product managers, product owners, software architects, and other stakeholders to iteratively turn high-level requirements into product enhancements.
- You will work closely with our Data Scientists and own the Engineering side of developing and deploying the platform that power the highly differentiated products at scale.
- Build, mentor, and lead a diverse high-performance team of Software Engineers across all levels through sharing and learning.
- Lead Design, Code reviews, sprint planning, estimations, and backlog grooming.
- Deliver high-quality cloud-based solutions in an agile methodology
- Ensuring that all features embody engineering best practices, efficient, scalable architecture, elegant design, and high-quality implementation
- Create scalable and high-performance microservices and build REST APIs that scale
- Work with the DevOps team on deployment architecture, security, and CI/CD.
- Keep Jira and Confluence updated as per established practices.
Qualifications, & Experience & Skills
- Must have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related fields
- Minimum three (3) years of professional work experience as a full stack or backend developer with knowledge of OOP design patterns and proficiency in C#, .NET CORE, Web API, ASP, Net, and SQL Server.
- Experience with distributed systems design and implementation, especially microservices architecture and REST APIs.
- Must have firsthand experience with popular databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or similar, with solid analytic skills working with unstructured datasets.
- Must have hands-on experience with REST-based APIs and have an excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming with design patterns.
- Experience designing, developing, delivering, and scaling modern large-scale cloud services and web applications.
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices like automated deployments with integrated quality gates and experience working with modern version control systems like Git
- You have demonstrated expertise in building scalable distributed applications in Microservices architecture.
- Experience with GIT or equivalent version control system
- Experience with Agile development practices such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Demonstrated experience with web platforms, multi-tier application frameworks, microservices, and cloud-native applications.
- Have experience with one or more Cloud Infrastructure services such as Azure or equivalent AWS services with experience in Microservices architecture.
- Experience with DevOps, CICD, expert branching, and merging complex applications.
- You know one or more areas of distributed systems and enterprise web delivery platforms.
What Makes Your Profile Shine — Bonus Points
- You are familiar with core concepts of Computer Vision, Deep Learning, ML, and Statistical Inference.
- Experience with database/compiler internals and containerization technologies (e.g., B+ trees, query optimization, SQL query compiler, Kubernetes, Docker)
- You have hands-on experience in Graph Database platforms like Neo4J, SnowFlake, and TigerGraph.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Azure Event Hub, Spark-Streaming, and API Security/authentication knowledge (OAuth2).
- Previous experience in Geospatial data, real estate products, and solutions development is a plus.
- Expertise and experience in developing web services, including REST, GraphQL, Async, event-driven, GraphQL APIs
- Experience working with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Cosmos is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies: React Native, VueJS, TypeScript
- Experience with Computer graphics and 3D CAD tools and applications such as WebGL, Unity, Unreal, and Autodesk Forge.
What You Must Have - Qualities We Look For
- Mission — You are motivated and inspired by our mission to reimagine the built environment and empower others to achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
- Grit — You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at a startup.
- Passionate — You are highly accountable and have a powerful sense of purpose and empathy for your work.
- Entrepreneur — You have the entrepreneurial spirit, an agile work style, and a growth mindset to succeed in this role. You inspire others with your vision and work ethic.
- Team Player — You are a collaborator who knows how to collaborate and brainstorm with people of different skills and backgrounds to drive the required outcomes.
- Self-Starter — You are ambitious, take the initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving — You can identify the nature of a problem, deconstruct it, and develop a compelling set of actions to address its challenges.
- Communication — You can communicate ideas effectively with excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Speak Up! — You speak up when you have ideas or opinions that will help the team succeed.
What We Offer - Benefits And Perks
- Unique opportunity to pursue your passion and make a difference.
- Industry-standard Compensation & Perks
- Flexible Work Location and Timings (In-office, Remote, Hybrid). Go to the gym or pick up your kids from school during business hours.
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with over 50% of the workforce made up of women.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Commitment to your professional development
- Educational Resources & Opportunities
- Maternity and paternity leave
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We recognize the power of diversity and inclusion in creating an environment where everyone brings their best selves to work and contributes meaningfully. Diversity and inclusion are at the nucleus of our values. Hloov is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where people can learn, grow, and reach their potential.
Hloov is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other applicable characteristics protected by law.