Hloov is a pioneer in human-centric AI for the built environment that empowers people to minimize waste and achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals. We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer with experience building web platforms, multi-tier application frameworks, microservices, and cloud-native applications. The person in this role will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying high-performance and scalable infrastructure for our disruptive human-centric AI platform for the Built Environment — Tagwaye.
You must have an exceptional experience with REST-based APIs and popular databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or similar, with solid analytic skills working with unstructured datasets.
Up For the Challenge?
Imagine working in an environment with people who share your passion and want to make a difference. If you feel up for the challenge, and there is no better time than now to make that dream come true, we are looking for you.
Bring your ideas, passion, and ambition, and be “You” at Hloov. Apply today!
As the Earth continues to face the ruinous challenge of global warming, the Built Environment is responsible for over one-third of global energy consumption and nearly 40% of direct and indirect CO2 emissions. In addition, by 2025, the world population is projected to reach 8 billion and about 10 billion by 2050.To accommodate this growth while minimizing the adverse environmental effects of the built environment, we will need a paradigm shift in how we Design, Build, Operate, and Use the built environment assets like buildings, bridges, and roads, among others. Hloov intends to lead this paradigm shift by reimagining the built environment with data science.
Hloov is a pioneer in human-centric AI for the built environment that empowers people to minimize waste and achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
Driven by our mission to empower others to create a better future for all, our team is passionate, purpose-driven individuals committed to making a difference. We come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and our shared values unite us: Innovation, Inclusion, Integrity, and Impact.
In a world where ‘change is the only constant, our name “Hloov” originates from the Asian language Hmong, which translates to “Change,” and we are all about evolution through revolution and empowering people. We are looking for creative, strategic, and forward-thinking individuals passionate about solving real-world problems that matter most.
You will find yourself collaborating with other like-minded team members on a journey to solve complex design challenges that arise within our industry’s ever-changing landscape.
Learn more: www.hloov.com/about
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Software Engineer at Hloov, you will work on our human-centric AI-led living digital twins’ platform - Tagwaye, that empowers the Built Environment people with decision intelligence to confidently make complex and critical decisions.
- Be part of a highly energetic cross-functional team in a fast-paced development environment of a growing pioneer startup.
- Define strategy-level architecture and ensure service designs adhere to standards, principles, and governance processes.
- Work with the product and design teams to establish end-user needs, develop use cases, and transform those requirements into practical technology solutions.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document new and existing functional components for a human-centric AI-driven decision-making platform for the Built Environment.
- You will work closely with our Data Scientists and own the Engineering side of developing and deploying the platform that power the highly differentiated products at scale.
- Building Scalable and Secure APIs with modern approaches (microservices, schema-based APIs, cloud-native services).
Qualifications, & Experience & Skills
- Must have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related fields
- Minimum four (4) years of professional work experience as a full stack developer with knowledge of OOP design patterns and proficiency in C#, .NET CORE, Web API, ASP, Net, and SQL Server.
- Demonstrated experience with web platforms, multi-tier application frameworks, microservices, and cloud-native applications.
- Must have hands-on experience with REST-based APIs and have an excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming with design patterns.
- You have an excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and Responsive web design.
- Must have firsthand experience with popular databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or similar, with solid analytic skills working with unstructured datasets.
- Have experience with one or more Cloud Infrastructure services such as Azure or equivalent AWS services with experience in Microservices architecture.
- Experience with DevOps, CICD, expert branching, and merging complex applications.
- You know one or more areas of distributed systems and enterprise web delivery platforms.
What Makes Your Profile Shine — Bonus Points
- Experience with Computer graphics and 3D CAD tools and applications such as WebGL, Unity, Unreal, and Autodesk Forge.
- You are familiar with core concepts of Computer Vision, Deep Learning, ML, and Statistical Inference.
- Experience with database/compiler internals and containerization technologies (e.g., B+ trees, query optimization, SQL query compiler, Kubernetes, Docker)
- You have hands-on experience in Graph Database platforms like Neo4J, SnowFlake, and TigerGraph.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Azure Event Hub, Spark-Streaming, and API Security/authentication knowledge (OAuth2).
- Previous experience in Geospatial data, real estate products, and solutions development is a plus.
What You Must Have - Qualities We Look For
- Mission — You are motivated and inspired by our mission to reimagine the built environment and empower others to achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
- Grit — You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at a startup.
- Passionate — You are highly accountable and have a powerful sense of purpose and empathy for your work.
- Entrepreneur — You have the entrepreneurial spirit, an agile work style, and a growth mindset to succeed in this role. You inspire others with your vision and work ethic.
- Team Player — You are a collaborator who knows how to collaborate and brainstorm with people of different skills and backgrounds to drive the required outcomes.
- Self-Starter — You are ambitious, take the initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving — You can identify the nature of a problem, deconstruct it, and develop a compelling set of actions to address its challenges.
- Communication — You can communicate ideas effectively with excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Speak Up! — You speak up when you have ideas or opinions that will help the team succeed.
What We Offer - Benefits And Perks
- Unique opportunity to pursue your passion and make a difference.
- Industry-standard Compensation & Perks
- Flexible Work Location and Timings (In-office, Remote, Hybrid). Go to the gym or pick up your kids from school during business hours.
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with over 50% of the workforce made up of women.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Commitment to your professional development
- Educational Resources & Opportunities
- Maternity and paternity leave
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We recognize the power of diversity and inclusion in creating an environment where everyone brings their best selves to work and contributes meaningfully. Diversity and inclusion are at the nucleus of our values. Hloov is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where people can learn, grow, and reach their potential.
Hloov is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other applicable characteristics protected by law.