We are looking for an astute, proficient, qualified Senior Data Engineer to join our data science team. The person will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying high-performance and scalable data infrastructure for our disruptive human-centric AI platform for the Built Environment — Tagwaye.
In this role, you will work closely with our data scientists, engineers, and analysts to ensure that data is accurate, reliable, and accessible to support business decision-making and intelligence.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with big data platforms, cloud infrastructure services, popular database schema, data models, design development, mining, and segmentation techniques. They should also be proficient in one or more programming or scripting languages. Bonus points if the candidate is also familiar with computer vision, deep learning, and statistical inference.
Up For the Challenge?
Imagine working in an environment with people who share your passion and want to make a difference. If you feel up for the challenge, and there is no better time than now to make that dream come true, we are looking for you.
As the Earth continues to face the ruinous challenge of global warming, the Built Environment is responsible for over one-third of global energy consumption and nearly 40% of direct and indirect CO2 emissions. In addition, by 2025, the world population is projected to reach 8 billion and about 10 billion by 2050.To accommodate this growth while minimizing the adverse environmental effects of the built environment, we will need a paradigm shift in how we Design, Build, Operate, and Use the built environment assets like buildings, bridges, and roads, among others. Hloov intends to lead this paradigm shift by reimagining the built environment with data science.
Hloov is a pioneer in human-centric AI for the built environment that empowers people to minimize waste and achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
Driven by our mission to empower others to create a better future for all, our team is passionate, purpose-driven individuals committed to making a difference. We come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and our shared values unite us: Innovation, Inclusion, Integrity, and Impact.
In a world where ‘change is the only constant, our name “Hloov” originates from the Asian language Hmong, which translates to “Change,” and we are all about evolution through revolution and empowering people. We are looking for creative, strategic, and forward-thinking individuals passionate about solving real-world problems that matter most.
You will find yourself collaborating with other like-minded team members on a journey to solve complex design challenges that arise within our industry’s ever-changing landscape.
Learn more: www.hloov.com/about
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Data Engineer at Hloov, you will be working on Tagwaye — a human-centric AI-led living digital twins’ platform that empowers the Built Environment people with decision intelligence to make complex and critical decisions confidently. You will work with a team of talented engineers and data scientists to build and iterate on our platform, including various microservices and data pipelines.
- Be part of a highly energetic cross-functional team in a fast-paced development environment of a growing pioneer startup.
- You will work closely with our Data Scientists and own the Engineering side of developing and deploying core AI/ML modules that power the highly differentiated products at scale.
- Design, develop, and maintain the data architecture, including data warehouses, data lakes, and ETL processes for a human-centric AI-driven decision-making platform for the Built Environment.
- Hold the responsibility for all Models deployed by you in the production, staging, and dev environment.
- Conduct performance benchmarking, scalability testing, and stress testing to ensure that the AI models you deliver are efficient, scalable, and robust.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation & loading – ETL processes in production.
- Identify, design, and implement a complete data warehouse, Big Data solutions, and platform architecture.
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, and statistical methods for data visualization and pattern recognition through predictive & prescriptive modeling.
- Develop scalable data pipelines, build out APIs, and REST APIs integrations to support increasing data volume and complexity.
- Design, implement and test rapid prototypes that demonstrate the value of the data.
- Ensure a consistent flow of high-quality data into our environment using stream, batch, database, and API integrations.
- Work closely with all business units, data science, and engineering teams to develop a long-term data platform architecture strategy.
- Ensure that all data architecture projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and best practices in data engineering and science.
Qualifications, & Experience & Skills
- Must have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related fields
- Minimum three (3) years of professional work experience as a Data Engineer or similar role and delivered at least a few end-to-end data/modeling infra & pipelines.
- Experience working with big data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Cassandra.
- Have experience with one or more Cloud Infrastructure services such as Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Data Bricks, Azure SQL DB, Azure SQL Warehouse, or equivalent AWS services.
- Have a strong background in the different database schema, data models, design development, mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Must have hands-on experience with popular databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or similar, with solid analytic skills working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience in Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) development requirements gathering, analyzing, and documenting using various tools.
- You bring along your experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including SQL DW, SQL Database, and Snowflake.
- Experience with Python or R for statistical analysis, data wrangling, and building Machine Learning models.
- Experience with database/compiler internals and containerization technologies (e.g., B+ trees, query optimization, SQL query compiler, Kubernetes, Docker)
- You can proficiently use one or more programming or scripting languages like Python, Java, Scala, and C#.
What Makes Your Profile Shine — Bonus Points
- You are familiar with core concepts of Computer Vision, Deep Learning, ML, and Statistical Inference.
- You have hands-on experience in Graph Database platforms like Neo4J, SnowFlake, and TigerGraph.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Azure Event Hub, Spark-Streaming.
- Previous experience in Geospatial data, real estate products, and solutions development is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
What You Must Have - Qualities We Look For
- Mission — You are motivated and inspired by our mission to reimagine the built environment and empower others to achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
- Grit — You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at a startup.
- Passionate — You are highly accountable and have a powerful sense of purpose and empathy for your work.
- Entrepreneur — You have the entrepreneurial spirit, an agile work style, and a growth mindset to succeed in this role. You inspire others with your vision and work ethic.
- Team Player — You are a collaborator who knows how to collaborate and brainstorm with people of different skills and backgrounds to drive the required outcomes.
- Self-Starter — You are ambitious, take the initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving — You can identify the nature of a problem, deconstruct it, and develop a compelling set of actions to address its challenges.
- Communication — You can communicate ideas effectively with excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Speak Up! — You speak up when you have ideas or opinions that will help the team succeed.
What We Offer - Benefits And Perks
- Unique opportunity to pursue your passion and make a difference.
- Industry-standard Compensation & Perks
- Flexible Work Location and Timings (In-office, Remote, Hybrid). Go to the gym or pick up your kids from school during business hours.
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with over 50% of the workforce made up of women.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Commitment to your professional development
- Educational Resources & Opportunities
- Maternity and paternity leave
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We recognize the power of diversity and inclusion in creating an environment where everyone brings their best selves to work and contributes meaningfully. Diversity and inclusion are at the nucleus of our values. Hloov is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where people can learn, grow, and reach their potential.
Hloov is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other applicable characteristics protected by law.