Have you ever wanted to be part of a fantastic team solving one of the world’s most crucial problems and building an end-to-end AI-driven cloud-native application from the ground up? Are you interested in gaining deep experience with the latest and cutting-edge tech stack to democratize data science in the industry?
We are growing our team and looking for professionals to help us build the Human-centric, AI-driven living Digital Twins platform for the built environment that will power the future of decision-making for its stakeholders.
We are looking for strong, accomplished Data Engineers who are passionate about data and can help us power and foster a data-driven culture here in our Human-centric AI-driven Living Digital Twins Platform for Built Environment. In this role, you will be partnering closely with feature developers, program managers and data scientists to utilize large volumes of data and translate them into actionable insights. You will work on building tools and operating data services and alerting systems to enable the organization to keep tab on business metrics.
Up For The Challenge?
Imagine working in an environment with people who share your passion and want to make a difference. If you feel up for the challenge and there is no better time than now to make that dream come true, we are looking for you. So bring your ideas, passion, ambition and be “You” at Hloov. So bring your ideas, passion, ambition and be “You” at Hloov. Apply today!
As the Earth continues to face the ruinous challenge of global warming, the Built Environment is responsible for over one-third of global energy consumption and nearly 40% of direct and indirect CO2 emissions. In addition, by 2025, the world population is projected to reach 8 billion and about 10 billion by 2050.To accommodate this growth while minimizing the adverse environmental effects of the built environment, we will need a paradigm shift in how we Design, Build, Operate, and Use the built environment assets like buildings, bridges, and roads, among others. Hloov intends to lead this paradigm shift by reimagining the built environment with data science.
Hloov is a pioneer in human-centric AI for the built environment that empowers people to minimize waste and achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
Driven by our mission to empower others to create a better future for all, our team is passionate, purpose-driven individuals committed to making a difference. We come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and our shared values unite us: Innovation, Inclusion, Integrity, and Impact.
In a world where ‘change is the only constant, our name “Hloov” originates from the Asian language Hmong, which translates to “Change,” and we are all about evolution through revolution and empowering people. We are looking for creative, strategic, and forward-thinking individuals passionate about solving real-world problems that matter most.
You will find yourself collaborating with other like-minded team members on a journey to solve complex design challenges that arise within our industry’s ever-changing landscape.
Learn more: www.hloov.com/about
Role & Responsibilities
The following is a list of essential responsibilities for this position to succeed:
- Contribute to a data-driven culture as well as a culture of experimentation across the organization.
- Provide new and improve upon existing data platform offerings with a fundamental understanding of the end-to-end scenarios.
- Collaborate with partner teams and customers to scope and deliver projects.
- Authoring and designing Big Data ETL pipelines in SCOPE, Scala, SQL, Python, or C#
- Data extraction, cleaning, preprocessing, and transformation to generate actionable insights.
- Design and build insightful dashboards to present actionable insights and drive business decisions.
- Design, code, test, and operate applications that are performant, reliable, secure, responsive, and accessible.
- Deploy and operate production services that customers trust and depend on.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the development team to ensure understanding and clarity of requirements based on functional and technical needs.
- Adheres to set production processes and follows scheduled plans and timelines utilizing established programming/development guidelines to meet key activity goals.
Qualifications, & Experience & Skills
- Must have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Or related fields
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field.
- Proficiency in using one or more programming or scripting languages like Python, Java, Scala, C# etc.
- Advanced SQL and data visualization and report authoring skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across disciplines and teams
- Familiarity with distributed data processing and analysis, such as Map-Reduce or Apache Spark.
- Demonstratable understanding of software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, async programming patterns, object-oriented design, parallel programming).
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and establish priorities effectively.
- Must be able to utilize critical-thinking skills to work independently and make decisions without direct supervision.
- Must effectively communicate ideas with excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- You have the entrepreneurial spirit, an agile work style, and a growth mindset to succeed in this role.
- You are a team player who knows how to collaborate and brainstorm with people of different skills and backgrounds to drive required outcomes.
- You have an intense intellectual curiosity and passion for solving real-world problems for enterprises and consumers.
- You must have the right work ethic, attitude, and skills to keep up with a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
What You Must Have - Qualities We Look For
- Mission — You are motivated and inspired by our mission to reimagine the built environment and empower others to achieve People, Planet, and Prosperity goals.
- Grit — You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at a startup.
- Passionate — You are highly accountable and have a powerful sense of purpose and empathy for your work.
- Entrepreneur — You have the entrepreneurial spirit, an agile work style, and a growth mindset to succeed in this role. You inspire others with your vision and work ethic.
- Team Player — You are a collaborator who knows how to collaborate and brainstorm with people of different skills and backgrounds to drive the required outcomes.
- Self-Starter — You are ambitious, take the initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving — You can identify the nature of a problem, deconstruct it, and develop a compelling set of actions to address its challenges.
- Communication — You can communicate ideas effectively with excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Speak Up! — You speak up when you have ideas or opinions that will help the team succeed.
What We Offer - Benefits And Perks
- Unique opportunity to pursue your passion and make a difference.
- Industry-standard Compensation & Perks
- Flexible Work Location and Timings (In-office, Remote, Hybrid). Go to the gym or pick up your kids from school during business hours.
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with over 50% of the workforce made up of women.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Commitment to your professional development
- Educational Resources & Opportunities
- Maternity and paternity leave
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We recognize the power of diversity and inclusion in creating an environment where everyone brings their best selves to work and contributes meaningfully. Diversity and inclusion are at the nucleus of our values. Hloov is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where people can learn, grow, and reach their potential.
Hloov is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other applicable characteristics protected by law.